Background





Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Fun With Layering Wednesday!

Hey there :)

First of all - THANK YOU to you sweet ladies who commented and started following my blog; I can't tell you how much that means to me! You rule!

Now, onto today's post... I figure that for most people Wednesday is generally a not so fun day at work because Friday seems so far off. So I thought having some different layered polish combinations would give you something fun to try come Friday, or you know, today if you don't have a strict dress code haha. I work from home so I'm lucky in that respect.

The idea of layering wasn't something I was ever into until recently. I'm not very good at imagining how colors would work together. But the wonderful ladies of tPF and MUA post all these great pictures of combinations that have helped inspire me to get creative and try some out! And I would LOVE to hear any suggestions you have for layering ideas. Onto the pictures? Yes, please!





This is 1 coat of Diamond Cosmetics - Don't Teal My Heart Away with 2 coats of Sinful Colors - Nail Junkie on top. Don't Teal My Heart Away is exactly what it sounds like, a teal creme. It's very opaque so you can get away with one coat. Nail Junkie has a sheer green base color with green, gold, and silver glitter densely packed in it. Very pretty but for me I'll probably only ever use it as a layering tool, less glitter to remove that way haha. I'm excited to try this over some other colors too, although I don't know if it will ever look as good as this did!

Oh how I loved this manicure. So very very much. It lasted a week without chipping and wasn't gritty feeling at all after using my Sally Hansen Insta-Dri top coat. And at the end of the week I didn't want to take it off at all haha. My nails were so sparkly and fun looking! This is a manicure I will be wearing again soon for sure! One of the best parts about this manicure? The two colors cost $4.24 total. Pretty good deal right? Diamond Cosmetics are $2.25 and Sinful Colors are $1.99. Both are inexpensive and were great quality; you can't go wrong with that.

Do you have any go-to layering combos? Share them with me in your comments - I'm on the lookout for new ones!

9 comments:

  1. Great layering combo!! This reminds me so much of Atlantis!! I created a really cool looking combo by painting OPI Wing It! over top of China Glaze Midnight Mission last week, but I only did it on my thumb nail and I don't think I photographed it. Thanks for sharing! it is so fun to create new polishes by layering!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful!! I don't do much layering but this makes me want to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! This is really, really pretty! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome manicure. :)
    I don't layer all that much unless it is a KONAD layer. LOL.
    I'm loving your blog.
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all the glitters from Sinful Colors! I particularly like to layer Nail Junkie (how appropriate) over Sally Hansen Pacific Blue.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty colors! I don't do a whole lot of layering, but the one I do is black polish with Sally Hansen Hidden Treasure - can't go wrong with flakies!

    PS: I "found" your blog through Babbling Brooke. Can't wait to see what you share with us. Oh, and I have a blog, too, though not strictly about polish. www.kitschysuburbia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a new follower, I found your blog through Babbling Brooke as well. I love this combo!! I like layering Sinful Nail Junkie over Sinful Love Nails.
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome to the blogging world!
    Beautiful manicure, I have to remember that look for copying.
    I'll follow you and put you on my blog roll. The nail community is such a great place to be, I hope you will like it with here :-)

    ReplyDelete