Background





Thursday, August 12, 2010

I'm not a Demure Vixen, but I play one on TV.

Okay, I lied I don't play one on tv. But I was in commercials as a baby, does that count for anything? hahah. I do really like this nail polish though. I have a handful of pictures of Essie - Demure Vixen to show you because it can look so different! I'm sure you've seen a million pictures of this before, but here are mine.




both in sunlight; sometimes you see shimmer and sometimes you don't! I like it both ways


shade (that's shine at the edge of my nails, not unpainted spots haha)




indoors.. see how different it can look in the same spot of my house? Same time of day even!

I'm assuming by now everyone pretty much has decided whether or not they like this color, so what's your take on it? I love it! I feel like it's super versatile, you can wear it anywhere. I like the pink shimmer, it gives this a little extra oomph, if you will. Normally I'm not a huge Essie fan. I have about 10 colors in my stash. The streakiness of Essie drives me insane, but the formula on this wasn't bad. I felt like I could control it better than most Essie colors. Any big time Essie fans out there? I make exceptions for buying Essie when I find a color that really wows me, like this and the recently released Sew Psyched; or for a staple like Madamoiselle. And the North Fork collection, love that one. But maybe now that the brand seems to be branching out into more bold colors I'll try more of them? Guess there's only one way to find out ;-)

Just a reminder - don't forget about my giveaway! And I updated my stash spreadsheet yesterday, the link is on the right side of the page - feel free to let me know if you want to see a certain color or a comparison.

3 comments:

  1. This looks great on you! I haven't bought this one yet, but I've totally been lemming it. It's such a beautiful color; I love the subtle shimmer to it. Essie is hit or miss for me. I'm glad they're finally branching out from pinks and reds though. I don't know if I'll be able to handle seeing another collection of sheer pinks, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't picked this one up yet, but really it'll probably be one of the only ones from Essie. The only other one I'm interested in is How Edgy. Essie seems to specialize in sheer, bland colors and those really aren't me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, I love these sorts of colors on other people, and I've gone to buy this sort of color for myself on more than one occasion, but once I get to the store I find I grab another bright, something glittery, something that catches my eye.

    I think I'm allergic to neutrals. :D

    ReplyDelete