Background





Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Fun With Layering Wednesday: My Version Of Chanel Riva

Once bottle pics of Chanel's newest offering, Riva, came out I've been intrigued by it. I don't spend that much on a single nail polish so I never planned on actually owning it, but I loved the concept. A pale blue with shimmer? Pretty! So I set about figuring out a layering combination that would satisfy my craving, and I think I came pretty close - at least close enough for me. Check it out!

I started with a base of Color Club - Take Me To Your Chateau, which I showed you yesterday, but here's a refresher:


And I picked NYC - Scandalous Blue Glitter to layer over it. The name is a little deceptive, it's not actually glitter, but more of a shimmer with a hint of pearl finish. Very pretty and very excellent for layering.
sunlight

shade

inside

I personally love it! I think it turned out pretty well, and cost me about $4 total for both polishes, much less than a Chanel would set me back. I've got another one or two layering ideas that could produce something close to Riva that I'm going to try out soon too. I'll post those and let you guys decide which ones you like best! Whether or not you buy Riva, you should try this combo out, it's very delicate and pretty. So what do you think, did I get close? What do you think of Chanel - Riva, will you be buying it?

4 comments:

  1. pretty! I like your version better :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. no getting chanel, just gonna copy you =) yay! thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty and I have both and will try it.

    Lacquerized swatched the chanel and from her picture and she stated that the shimmer doesn't show on the nail :)

    I'm still debating if I will purchase it...hmm decisions decisions :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you got close, and I'm not going to be getting the Chanel - if anything, I'll get these! :)

    ReplyDelete