Background





Friday, September 17, 2010

Layering with... Wild Orchid

The other day I showed you Color Club- Wild Orchid. Since it was such a dream to apply I wanted to see how some other polishes I have would look layered over it. Wild Orchid has silver shimmer in it which I thought would bring an added dimension to any layering combination! So I tried out four different sheer polishes over it; all from Savvy Femme Couture.

sunlight

shade

inside



So I have a different color on each finger. From index to pink they are...

Index: Prince Ala Charm
Middle: Fairy Twinkle
Ring: Glass Slipper
Pinky: Knightly Armour

I think the ring finger with Glass Slipper on is my favorite combo, I think you could get a similar effect with Pure Ice- Heartbreaker (which I can swatch if someone wants to see as well). I also really like Knightly Armour, which is kind of like a ramped up version of Wild Orchid.

I picked all four of these up on clearance from Sallys (yay clearance!) Do you have any? Which of the four pictured are your favorite? I can't wait to try them over some other colors!

1 comment:

  1. I’m your new follower. Really like your blog! Maybe you could check out mine sometime: www.melaniesnailpolish.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete